Worldwide Market, First-in-Class
Tested In Phase II (PoC) clinical trial
- Status: Phase II completed / Phase III designed
- Indication: Alcohol addiction
- Targets: 5-HT2 and alpha1-adrenergic receptors, which are central in the addiction processes. Indeed, they are involved in the activation of dopamine-producing neurons and in their action on the circuit of the reward. Their simultaneous inhibition allows to oppose the addicting effects of toxicomanogenous products by avoiding the side effects such as those produced by the antipsychotics.
The goals planned for phase 2 proof of concept study were all reached:
- Confirm KT-110 safety
- Validate the pharmacological concept of recoupling reward system control
- Identify best responder population
- Determine the optimal dose
- Shape further development
Preclinical studies on other indications are pursued
KT-110 is a First in Class
innovative pharmaceutical composition
The antagonists Prazosin and Cyproheptadine entering the composition of KT-110 were strictly selected for their efficiency and on the basis of the following criteria:
- Regarding Prazosin, this is the gold standard among alpha-1 antagonists.
Regarding Cyproheptadine, there are 3 therapeutic classes of 5-HT2 antagonists:
- first generation antihistamines
In order to avoid confusion and adverse effects, antipsychotics and antidepressants were not considered. And among all first generation antihistamines, Cyprohetadine is the most used.
Synergy and IP :
- KT-110 composition is better than other drugs such as acomposate, naltrexone or nalmefene.
- Patented protection of the composition
- Perfect knowledge of the components adverse effects